Preparing an appetizing lunch box for kids- a daunting task to every mother! Children love eating snacks and junk food in comparison to the full-fledged meal. Certainly, your child is one of them. So, a big challenge to you as a mother is to innovate the tiffin-food in a way that it looks fast-food but healthy too at the same time.
In such times of difficulty, put us-used vegetables or veggies have begun showing aging signs on their skin to use. Accept the challenge and use the nutrient- rich vegetables to cook some interesting dish, like – The Veggie Pasta. Use wheat pasta and prepare vegetables loaded pasta. It supplements kids with minerals and fibers. Such Pasta ensures a good intake of veggies by your child. Don’t miss it; your kid will enjoy eating his tiffin and you will enjoy cooking it.
It’s an amazing ‘on demand’ lunch box item. Healthy to eat and easy to digest!
For Veggie Sauce (Roasted)
- 1 green capsicum
- 1 red capsicum
- 3-4 green chilies
- 6-7 shallots
- 15-16 cherry tomatoes
- 3 garlic pods
- 3/4 cup of pasta(dry)
- 1/2 sliced yellow capsicum
- 4-5 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 4-5 florets of chopped broccoli
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1tablespooon butter
- 2 tablespoon grated cheese
- 1teaspoon oregano
- Salt to taste
Method of Preparation
- Cut all available vegetables. Now, bake them at 180 C temperature for about half an hour till their surface becomes wilt and develop roasting spots.
- Next, grind them all using water. It prepares about half of cup sauce. In advance, you can prepare this vegetables sauce and refrigerate it. And use the sauce as and when you require it.
- Take a boiler or in any pan, boil 4-to-5 cups of water and add ¾ cups of dry pasta to it. Boil pasta in water along with 1 teaspoon oil and 2 teaspoon of salt.
- When paste gets boiled well, wash it immediately with the cold water.
- Heat butter and oil together in a pan. Add cherry tomatoes and broccoli. Mix the content well.
- After this, add oregano and yellow capsicum. Vegetables should not be overcooked.
- Now, add about 1- ½ cups of boiled pasta and toss it well in the oil and vegetables.
- Mix about 10 to 11 teaspoon of vegetable sauce (roasted) and add a salt to taste to it.
- Add the cheese or tomato flavored cheddar cheese (grated) and mix well.
- Garnish it with the sliced cherry tomatoes and the yellow capsicum.
- Serve hot.
Try it to satiate and pamper your kids’ palate!