Taco is a Mexican dish, in which a tortilla is rolled or folded around the filling. The fillings could be pork, fish, beef, chicken, cheese, and vegetables.
How to Make Vegetarian Taco
Time for preparation: 40 Minutes
Time to cook: 40 Minutes
Serve to: 8-10 People
For Taco Shell
1 1/2 cup flour (maize)
3/4 cup flour (plain)
3/4 Tbsp salt
3 Tbsp oil (to deep fry)
For the filling
3/4 cups kidney beans (red)
2 Tbsp tomato ketchup
1 finely chopped onion
2 Tbsp butter
2 Tbsp ghee
Salt to taste
2 Tbsp chilli sauce
2 spring onions (chopped)
3 tomatoes (chopped)
1/3 cup tomato ketchup
1 ½ cup lettuce leaves (chopped)
Salt: according to taste
For Taco Shells
- Mix the maize flour and plain flour. Add salt and oil. Knead dough by adding water.
- Roll thin rounds (100 mm), 4” in diameter. Use fork to prick it lightly.
- Fry it deep, in hot oil. Turn it again and again. Bend it in U-shape (when hot).
- Store the taco shell in an air tight box or tin.
For the Filling
- Soak the kidney beans overnight.
- Use the pressure cooker to cook beans.
- Drain the water.
- Mash the beans.
- Heat the ghee.
- Fry onions in a vessel for few minutes (don’t let the onion turn brown).
- Add kidney beans, butter, ketchup, and salt. Cook for few minutes. Stir continuously while cooking.
- Make red sauce by mixing chilli sauce and tomato ketchup.
- Mix the chopped spring onions, lettuce leaves, tomato, and salt.
- In the U-shaped fold of taco, stuff the filling (a little bit)
- Fill the vegetable mix and sprinkle red sauce on it.
- Serve the tacos with the filling and mixes.