Spicy and tangy vegetable dumplings served with fiery hot paprika chutney a traditional Tibetan delicacy.
Cooking Time: 35 mins
Serves : 4
- Salt ¼ tsp
- Maida 1cup
- Oil 1tbsp
- Salt – 1 tsp
- Pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Mushrooms – 6 (chopped)
- Green chilies – 2(chopped)
- Ginger garlic (paste) – 1 tsp
- Carrot – 1 large (chopped)
- Cabbage – 2 ½ cups (chopped)
- Soya sauce ½ tsp
- Sieve maida with salt.
- Combine oil and knead the maida flour with water to make firm dough.
- Heat oil in a pan add onions and mushrooms.
- Sauté them two minutes till golden brown.
- Combine ginger garlic paste, cabbage, carrot and green chilli.
- Sauté the mixture for two minutes.
- Add peppe, soya sauce, salt and vinegar
- Switch off the flame.
- Make small sized balls out of the dough.
- Roll them into circular shaped puris.
- Place 1 tbsp of filling in the center of the puri.
- Make loose folds like frills from the side.
- Close the frills from all the sides.
- Combine each fold and frill in the center.
- Give the momos a flattened shape.
- Place each momo on a greased idli stand.
- Lay the idli stand on a vessel filled a cup of water.
- Steam the momos for twenty minutes over low flame.
- Serve with red hot chutney.
Red Hot Chutney
- Tomato 1 (large)
- Garlic flakes 5
- Red paprika 2 (large)
- Red chilli powder 1 tbsp
- Water (optional)
- Cut tomatoes and red paprika into half.
- Add galic cloves, salt and red chilli powder.
- Add a liitle water if the consistency is too thick.
- Blend all the ingredients.
- Empty the chutney in a bowl.
- Serve with momos.