For me, the name itself is so tempting. And now if we talk about the taste, it is considered as one of the Thai fragilities.
The recipe comprises all the essential Thai aromas. Well, the credit goes to every munificent use of aromatic herbs. The soup comes with a grand disclosure, however under examination, as it’s a boost for our immune system. Don’t believe that! Then you must explore more about it. Shrimps also known as Goong are aquatic organisms which you may find largely everywhere in the world, both in salt and fresh water.
The soup is truly exceptional with its incredible mishmash of ferocious sharp taste and tang. You also enjoy the manifest use of aromatic herbs like lemon grass, galangal, shallot, kaffir lime leaves, and etc. Tom Yam soup is prepared of two types, the apparent peppery soup and thick soup. You may moreover enhance the essence by adding up from a variety of sea foods like prawns, fish, chicken and mushroom, etc.
- 5-Slices Gingerroot
- 1-Stalk Lemongrass
- 1- Lime
- 4-Cups Water
- 2- Red Chillies
- 6 ounces Tomatoes cut into chunks
- 4-5 tsps- Fish Sauce
- 20-25 small cooked Shrimps
- 1 tsps-Chilli paste with Garlic
- 2 tsps Cilantro
- 4 ounces Mushrooms, sliced (baby bella or white)
- Remove the parched ends and some top leaves from the lemongrass.
- Bash the stem with the knife’s handle to cut pieces of 1-inches long and keep aside.
- Cut the chillies into half, hollow out and abandon the seeds from it.
- Now in a saucepan boil the water.
- Once it starts poaching add ginger, lemongrass and compress the lime into it.
- Let it simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- After this, you may combine garlic and chilli paste and fish sauce to cook for a further minute.
- Put in mushrooms and tomatoes.
- You may cook it for about 2 or 3 minutes or maybe longer, till the time it bubbles and the tomatoes begin to disintegrate.
- Now, you may press half lime into the soup and remove it from the heat.
- Put the shrimp and make it boil for at least 5 minutes.
- When cooked add the chillies and stir for a minute.
Garnishing: with cilantro and serve hot.
Tips: While pouring your Tom Yam soup in the bowl exclude the lemongrass, chillies, and ginger parts. Or else, you may request your guests not to eat the chunks of these, as they are used only to add flavours. Eating them might spoil their taste.
Yes it’s a bit spicy but I enjoy every taste of it. Citizens of Thailand love this soup and so will you, if once tasted. You will ask for more once you try this. It’s sourly and spicy flavours are considered good to diminish sinus problems.
Give your tongue a zesty kick this holiday. Sure you’re going to love this Thai quintessence.