“Today’s opportunities erase yesterday’s failures.”
Nice! Finally, you have made your mind to open your world to new opportunities and experiences. Study in abroad will deck you up with wealth of knowledge. I know you are busy with your preparations. Have you done with your PACKING….the most essential part of your preparations? Not yet….Okay! I’ll help you to pack your bag.
Things You Must Carry While Going Overseas
Here is the list of must-be carried things.
- 3 copies of passport. Carry one copy in your bag. Keep a copy each at your home in India and abroad.
- Foreign currency- Get your money exchanged before arriving for the destination country.
- Important documents (like, visa, plane tickets, birth certificate, proof of health insurance, etc.)
- Enough prescribed drugs for the span of your stay
- Cell phone
- Gifts (that depicts culture of India) for hostel friends.
- Medicines and first aid kit
- Contact lenses/ eye glasses
- Shoes and slippers
- Address list of contacts, if any.
- Laptop and charger
- Converter (to change the voltage of the current) and adapter (to alter the shape of the electrical plug).
- Family photographs
- Sunscreen lotion
- Nail file and nail clippers
- Shampoo and conditioner
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
- Make-up kit
- Warm socks
- Night suit
- Dress for formal/special occasions.
- T-shirts and long sleeve shirts.
- Refillable water bottle
- Rain coat/ umbrella
- Alarm clock
- Towels and bed sheets
If you have already done with your packing, check once again and ensure that you have put all the essential things.