Yummm…It’s my favourite! Why? Try it, and then say!
Its fresh, healthy, savoury, sweetie, peppery and easy to put together. And most essentially takes care of my figure too! What else we all are aiming for nowadays? To be in shape as well as have some taste too. The salads are a wonderful blend of Thai ethnicity while keeping health in mind and trust me….never bores you! You may give out this great healthy dish, as a sideways savour at dinner time or as a light and scrumptious snack or lunch both. Moreover, you can make it promptly on variety of occasions, like be it a party, a picnic, barbeque or potluck party, wherever you want to have it. The Thai salad adds aroma at your table, yes with health.
Prep time: 10-15 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
- 2 large or medium cucumbers
- 1 tbsp sugar or honey
- 1/4 cup green onion
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- Clean the cucumbers well with water.
- Take out the parts of the peelings lengthwise, with a peeler.
- You have to give a half curvy look of 1/2 inch rounds.
- Put up cut slices into a medium mixing bowl.
- You also need to wash the green onions to chop it down and mix it with the sliced cucumbers.
- Mingle the sugar, salt, red pepper flakes, sesame oil and vinegar into another bowl. Muddle up well to dissolve the sugar and salt.
- Tip the vinaigrette over the mix of onions and cucumbers. After mixing it well, you may also keep in the refrigerator for few minutes before serving it. Stir well, after you take out from the fridge to reorder the liquid and dressings of your Thai salad.
- A little adding up of chopped mint or cilantro goes very well with your salad. Besides, if you have some peanuts (unsalted only), you may also use chopped 1/4 cup and put it in for a finicky munch!
- Make your daily meals or your gatherings, healthier with this archetypal nutritious Thai salad. Also, leave all your fears for putting on weight, if having it on a regular basis.