To those who swear by non-vegetarian food, the Thai chicken salad is an incredible treat. Here is a quick recipe for you, which will compel you to devour the meal thoroughly.
- Trimmed asparagus (1 bunch- cut approximately 3 cm long)
- Shredded spring onions (4)
- Thai basil leaves (2 cups)
- Thin rice noodles (175 g)
- Green beans or snow peas (200 g)
- Halved punnet cherry tomatoes (250 g)
- Barbecued chicken, meat shredded, skin and bone discarded (1)
- Mint leaves (2 cups)
- Juice from 2 lemons
- Fish sauce (100 ml)
- Grated palm sugar (2 Tbsp)
- Finely chopped red chillies (2)
- Chopped peanuts (2 Tbsp)
- Take a boiling pot of water.
- Now soak the noodles in it, for around 4 minutes so that they soften.
- Now drain, and immerse them in cool water.
- Keep them in a large bowl.
- Blanch the snow peas and asparagus for 2 minutes in boiling water until they’re tender.
- Now drain them too and refresh them in cold water.
- Mix them well with the noodles, along with herbs, cherry tomatoes, spring onions, and chicken.
- Combine sugar and lemon juice in another bowl, and stir them well until the sugar dissolves.
- Add chilli and fish sauce and pour it over the salad.
- Toss to properly combine the ingredients.
- Garnish the salad with chopped peanuts.
Your delicacy is ready to be enjoyed.