Tangy garlic chicken just relates to its name, and spells magic, every time you make. And, we give you the easy trick to prepare this scrumptious chicken- a great dish for monsoons, at home. Fry, toss, and squeeze some lime, and the rich ingredients magnetize you with the mizzling rain.
Category: Non Veg
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Ready in: 20-30 Minutes
- 2-3 boneless chicken breast, or thighs around 300 g,
- 1 big size egg
- 2 tablespoons of cornstarch
- 4 slices of chopped ginger
- 1 small sliced onion
- 2 large cloves of garlic (minced)
- 4 teaspoons of vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon of red pepper
- 2 tablespoons of peanut/vegetable oil
- 2 julienne carrots
- 1 large green-chilli, with thin slits
- 3 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 1/4 cup of chicken stock, or 1/4 cup of water (Approx)
- 4 teaspoons of tomato paste
- 1 lime juice
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Green onion, diagonally sliced
- Now, cut the chicken in a way that you get bite-sized chunks.
- Stir cornstarch along with the beaten egg, to combine well.
- Now, put in the chicken pieces to coat.
- Take a wok and heat some oil on medium flame, till it just starts light smoking.
- Now, shallow fry the coated chicken until it turns to golden brown.
- Try frying the chicken in several batches, and keep on turning if required.
- Keep it on the absorbent papers, to drain the oil.
- Now, in the heated wok, put 2 tsp of oil and fry the ginger and chilli, till fragrance, for few seconds.
- Put in the onion slices, and keep on stirring, to sauté for another 2 min.
- Make sure the onions get softened.
- Add garlic in it, and again fry for one minute.
- Put in the carrots to cook, till they are semi-tendered.
- Now, add the chicken pieces and let them fry again, for a minute.
- Pour some soy sauce and chicken stock or water, when it is required, adjusting to your taste.
- At last, you may add the green pepper, for making it spicier. Let it cook for a minute.
- For garnishing, use fresh cilantro or sliced green onions.
- Do not prepare thin gravy as this can spoil the pungent aroma, and taste of the recipe.
- You may also add more water in the middle, if you find that the sauce is getting thicker.