Nothing tastes better with a hot cup of chaai and lip smacking spicy stuffed bread pakoras for an evening winter snack.
Cooking Time: 15 mins
Serves : 4
- Curry leaves
- 2 potatoes (mashed and boiled)
- 2 green chillies
- 1/4 cup peas
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 inch ginger (grated)
- Garlic (minced)
- 8 slices bread
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/2-1 tsp chilli powder
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 1 cup besan
- Cut of the edges of the bread.
- Boil the potatoes and mash them.
- In a pan, add oil.
- Combine urad dal, mustard seeds, chillies, ginger, garlic, and onions.
- Add potatoes and peas to the mixture along with salt and other spices.
- Stir all the ingredients well.
- Lay the potato mixture on one side of the bread.
- Cover with another slice of bread.
- Press the bread slices hard.
- Now slice the bread from between.
- In a bowl, mix all ingredients for the covering as mentioned above.
- Make sure the batter is not very thin.
- Dip the bread slices in batter.
- Coat the bread slices well in the batter.
- In a pan heat some oil.
- Drop the bread slices gently into the med hot oil.
- When the bottom turns light golden, flip the other side.
- When both the sides are golden brown remove from fire.
- Serve hot with pudina chutney.