Here‘s one of my favourite recipe that’s easy to cook and tastes great. Potatoes are favourite among kids… share this recipe with all the mommy’s who love to cook a variety for their kid’s lunch-box. The leftover potatoes taste even better to make this recipe. So, store some potatoes and pack them for your kid’s lunch box to win all the credit for its cheesy taste.
Cooking Time: 15 Mins
Serves : 6
- 4 cups sliced potatoes( thinly)
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp red chilli flakes
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/2 cup cheese (grated)
- In a pan, add butter.
- Combine flour when the butter melts.
- Mix cold milk, and stir the mixture with a whisk.
- Make sure there are no lumps formed.
- Add salt and red chilli flakes.
- Cook the sauce on a low flame.
- Stir the sauce occasionally so, that it doesn’t stick to the pan.
- Lower the flame, and add in cheese.
- Put half of the sliced potatoes in a greased baking dish.
- Now pour half of the cheese sauce over the potatoes.
- Spread the potato layer again.
- Pour the cheese sauce over potato layer.
- Garnish with grated cheese on the top.
- Lay some coloured paprika over the cheese.
- Bake the mixture at 350 degree F for 45 minutes in an oven.
- Serve immediately.
- You can use the left over potatoes for a better taste.
- Use red, green and yellow paprika for a colourful look.
- Use low fat cheese if you are health conscious.