Isn’t it mouth-watering? Have you ever been to a restaurant and wondered, how in the world they make tawasabzi and jhalfarezi so tasty, despite the fact that it is made out of geeky vegetables? That’s because jalfrezi is prepared using sauces. I’ll give you 5 reasons to make this delicious recipe.
– It is easy to make and quick to serve.
– It will help you use all the left over veggies in your refrigerator, by the end of the week.
– It’s awesomely delicious and saucy hot.
– If you have kids, they will love it. So, you can make them eat everything they don’t eat otherwise.
– The dish combines the goodness of all the vegetables taken together.
So, fish out all your stock and start cooking!
- Long chopped vegetables like onion, carrots cabbage, capsicum (bell peppers), potatoes, peas, and any other veggie available. The basic ingredient of any jalfrezi is onions, capsicum, and carrots.
- Tomato sauce, soya sauce and schezwan sauce (this one is hot!).
- Salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder, dhania powder, and oregano.
- Long chopped tomatoes and tomato puree.
- Take some oil in a kadhai, and throw the vegetable stock into it.
- Add some salt and sauté for 10 minutes.
- When the carrot or potatoes become soft, add long chopped tomatoes, and cook for 1 minute.
- Now add 2 tbsp. tomato puree, 1 tbsp. tomato ketchup, ½ tsp. soya sauce, 2 tbsp. schezwan sauce, and 1 tsp. oregano to the cooking pot. Mix well.
- After 2 minutes, add red chili powder, turmeric powder, and coriander powder according to your taste.
- Add ¼ cup water and mix. Cover the pot and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.