Relish the taste of earthy mustard leaves doused with a generous amount of ghee and butter… served with makke ki roti.
Cooking Time: 45 mins
Serves : 4
- 2 bunches of Mustard Greens
- 1 bunch of Spinach Greens
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 tomato (chopped)
- 1 Ginger (peeled & grated)
- 2 green chillies
- 3 tbsp Maize flour
- 2 tbsp ghee
- Wash the leaves properly.
- Cut and chop the leaves.
- In a pan boil the leaves with water.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook the leaves till soft.
- Mash the green leaves with the backside of the spatula.
- Combine maize flour to the green leaves.
- In another pan heat some oil.
- Add chopped onions, tomatoes, ginger, chilli and salt.
- Combine them to the leaves until they are soft.
- Cook the leaves on a low flame.
- Garnish with butter and serve hot with makke ki roti.