Light to eat, delicious and healthy Samak K Chaawal Ki Khichdi is blessed with a number of qualities, and that’s why it is liked by several fasting adherents since years. A perfect recipe to delight your tastes, accompanied with abundant nutritional qualities.
Prep time: 10-12 Min
Cooking Time: 15-20 Min
Ready in: 20 Min
- 1 cup of Samak ke chawal
- 1/2 cup of Chopped- boiled or raw potato
- 2 medium Tomatoes
- 1 tsp of Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp of Red chilli powder
- Salt- according to taste
- 3 cups of Water
- Cut the tomatoes in small pieces.
- Chop the potatoes. Keep them aside.
- Put in 1 tbsp of oil in a hot kadai or skillet on low flame.
- Crackle the cumin seeds in the oil, for a while.
- Put in chopped potatoes and sauté.
- Cook for a minute.
- Now, add the tomatoes.
- Stir well and let it cook for some seconds.
- Add rice and salt.
- Blend well.
- Put in double amount of water in the khichdi.
- Let it come to a boil.
- Cook and simmer for a few minutes.
- Serve hot.