An appetising, boozy variety of salads is the Rum Fruit Salad which is perfect as a post dinner bite or a self-indulging treat.
Gentle tropical fruit is pitched in with a dressing of ginger rum and left to be cooled. With a sophisticatedly finger licking savour, the salad makes for a mouth-watering delicacy.
As a Dressing
- Chop some crystallised ginger (2 tablespoons)
- Orange juice (1 cup)
- Honey (3 tablespoons)
- Rum (2 teaspoons)
For the Salad
- 4 cups of sliced strawberries
- 4 peeled and well sliced kiwi fruit
- 2 skinned and sliced papayas
- Take a small saucepan; add honey, orange juice and rum. Allow it to boil and mix in the ginger. Now set it aside to cool and eliminate all the heat.
- Put together the kiwi, strawberries and papaya in a medium sized bowl.
- Transfer the dressing onto the fruit and flip the ingredients gently (so as to combine).
- Now pour the components into an airtight container and refrigerate for 2 or more hours prior to serving.
Well, we’ve got nothing more to say! *Burp*