Rice Sev Chaat is an excellent blend of different spices, with a squeeze of few lemon drops. It may sound you a bit unconventional to prepare this sort of chat, by mixing rice in it. However, once you make it appropriately, you will get all the taste you aimed for. You may enjoy this crunchy, brittle, and yet tender chat recipe with yogurt or sweet or spicy chutney (whichever suits your taste buds the best).
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cooking Time: 15-20 Mins
Ready in: 20 Mins
- 3 cups of well-cooked Rice
- ¼ cup of Sev
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 tbsps of Oil
- 4 – 5 Cloves
- 1 tsp of Cumin seeds
- ½ tsp of Mustard seeds
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- ¼ tsp of Turmeric powder
- 15 – 20 Curry leaves
- ½ Carrot (cut into small cubes)
- 5 – 6 French beans (cut into small pieces)
- ¼ cup of Green peas
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon of Red chilli powder
- ¼ cup of Boondi
- 1 whole Lemon
- Chop the onion finely.
- Take a non-stick pan and heat some oil to fry.
- Once heated, add onion, cumin seeds, cloves, mustard seeds, asafoetida, and sauté for a minute.
- Put in some turmeric powder and curry leaves to fry for 2-3 minutes.
- After this, you may add up green peas, carrot, and French beans. Stir well.
- Once all the ingredients mixed well, put in the cooked rice, red chilli powder and salt. Mix up well.
- Include boondi and some squeezes of lemon to blend the taste well.
- While serving into the dish, you can either keep on putting the Sev inside or use it for garnishing.
- You may now serve hot with yogurt, chutney or raita.