We all suffer from one or the other skin ailment, almost all the time. Sensitive skin areas, especially, face and its surrounding areas are extremely sensitive. Some people suffer from acne because of oily skin texture, some complaint about dry skin as their skin looses moisture very easily. The biggest problem lies with those who have combination skin. Combination skin means a condition where your forehead and nose are oily, while cheeks and other areas of face are dry. The area of skin, i.e., forehead and nose is called as “T” zone.
Hence, it is very difficult for people suffering from such skin condition because in such a situation, you need something to remove that excess sebum (oil from the skin) from your forehead and nose, but at the same time, you need something to hydrate your cheeks. Today, I have come up with a review of one such product that claims to remove excess sebum from the oily areas of your skin, while nurturing and hydrating the dry areas.
What does company claim about the product?
This oil free, gel like moisture cream is easily absorbed and perfect for combination skin.
- Balances excess sebum.
- Gives a matte, shine-free complexion.
Price: INR 895
Quantity: 50 ml
How to Use?
Apply to the face and neck after cleansing and toning, using your fingertips.
My Verdict on the Product
The Body Shop Mattifying Day Cream comes in a typical body shop tub. It feels more like a gel rather than a cream. It is meant for both oily and combination skin types. You just need to take out a little amount of this gel based crème, with your finger tips, and start applying to your face. Apply small dots of the cream all over your face, covering nose, cheeks, forehead, and jaw. Now, gently massage it onto your face, so that it is absorbed nicely by your skin. You will notice a little shine on your face as you just apply the cream, but it will be fine after 2-3 minutes as the cream is completely absorbed.
Let’s check out the Pros and Cons of this product-
- Smooth texture that glides into your skin very quickly and easily.
- It produces a very soothing sensation on face, and can be applied during anytime of the day for a cooling and soothing effect.
- Gives you a perfect matte finish that you can carry throughout the day. It won’t create any layers or coatings on your skin as it gets absorbed in the skin, and start working upon your skin from within.
- Very little quantity is required for the cream, to spread onto your entire face and neck.
- It has very pleasing and fresh oceanic aroma that will fresh-n-up your mood and senses.
- It comes in a tub packaging. It means that you can use it till the very last blot.
- It does not contain any SPF despite being a day cream, which can be a con for some people. But, those who are exposed to sun may go for the SPF variant of the same cream.
- Some people consider tub packaging to be unhygienic. So, this may also be one of the cons of the product.
Cost: 3.5/5 (it may sound quite costly to some of the buyers)
Packaging: 4/5 (for me, tub packaging is quite cool as you can use the product till the last drop of it.)
Performance: 4/5 (sometimes you have to apply it twice a daily, that’s why I have deducted a point)
Aroma: 5/5 (it has a very sensuous and fresh aroma that lifts your mood)
Overall Score: 4.25 (Good)