Hello Ayurveda Fans! Here, I am with another review from your favorite brand “Forest Essentials”. This time I’ve come with Ultra Rich body lotion with Madurai Jasmine and Mogra. You are gonna love it, if you enjoy ayurvedic spas and all. This is an ayurvedic preparation, so it’s free from chemicals and paraben. If you have a sensitive skin, this might be the right thing for you.
Burnt Cane Sugar- 12%, Olive Oil Derivatives- 12%, Kokum Butter- 10%, Cold Pressed Organic Almond Oil- 6%, Cold Pressed Organic Apricot Oil- 5%, Organic Beeswax- 4%, Gokhru- 4%, Vitamin E- 4%, Glycerin- 3%, Jasmine Sambac Absolute- 1%, Mogra Essential Oil-0.5%, Imidazolidinyl Urea( paraben free)-0.5%, Base QS.
Price: Rs. 225 for 50ml
My Experience with Madurai Jasmine and Mogra Ultra Rich Body Lotion
It comes in a cubical transparent bottle with a golden screw cap. It looks classy. There’s a plastic stopper underneath the screw cap, so you can keep it in your handbag, without worrying about any leakage. I have a lot of Forest Essential products and the packaging is identical, so, even after the product is finished, I tend to use the bottles for keeping essential oils, or to prepare my travel kit.
I like this one a lot, but, I feel it’s a little too expensive to be used like a body lotion. 50ml is a small quantity, and if, I start using it all over the body every day, it’d hardly last for 10 days or so. And Rs. 225 for a 10 days body lotion sounds kinda expensive to me. So, I use it occasionally, on one of those days, when am feeling low, or when I have a date or something. It’s got a really captivating aroma of jasmines, which lifts up your spirit instantly. Sometimes, I’d just dab a little of it and run all over my arms before sleeping, and somehow, it relaxes the mind for a good night sleep. The burnt cane sugar is humectants, which is known for its moisture retaining qualities. Then, kokum butter, olive oil, almond oil and apricot oils, along with glycerin, are long known for their skin replenishing properties.
Tip: If you are preparing a bridal kit, you must include this product.
What I Like About It?
- Its timelessly romantic aroma of jasmines and mogra.
- Its exotic formulation relaxes the body and mind.
- Paraben free.
- 100 percent ayurvedic and chemical free.
- Moisturizes the skin, thoroughly.
- Organic almonds and apricots are cold pressed by hand (using old fashioned oil crushers and without heating) to retain their active ingredients.
- Can be used in the absence of a perfume or deo.
- Travel friendly.
- Against animal testing.
What I Don’t Like About It?
- It’s a bit overpriced for a body lotion.
- Some people may find the fragrance too much to take.
- Quantity is too less to be used all over the body.
- Not easily available on all stores. It’s either available on the Forest Essential’s official stores, or you can order online from its website
Yes! It is definitely value for money, if you use it wisely.