Hello ladies! How was your weekend? See I’ve got you something completely desi this time. Well, it’s Forest Essentials. Did I say desi? Er… I meant a sophisticated, high-end desi product. Forest essential’s range is 100 percent Ayurvedic, and we Indians share an unending love for Ayurvedic products. Don’t we? So does that mean we get into our tracking pants and search for various herbs? Nope! We go for brands like this. Trust me; “Forest Essentials” is an Ayurveda lover’s dream come true!
So, I am gonna review Forest Essentials Saffron & Neem Facial Cleanser, which came to me as a part of a ladies range of Forest Essentials, which a friend of mine gifted me earlier this year. (Yes! I have generous friends.)
Ingredients: Steam distilled rosewater, steam distilled marigold water, pure distilled kewda water, pure distilled jasmine water, lemon juice, organic honey, neem oil, nagkesar, anantmool, kumud, pure saffron extract. (See, I told no chemicals!)
Packaging: I’ve got a 50ml Travel bottle, which is cute and handy. It’s got a golden cap over the transparent bottle, proudly presenting the lemon yellow gel like liquid. There’s a plastic stopper under the golden lid, so it won’t get messy while travelling. You can carry it in your handbag without worrying about the leakage.
Price:The 50ml bottle comes for Rs. 250 and the full size, i.e. the 200ml comes for 875 Rs.
What I like about it
- It’s got a very pleasant natural fragrance. As soon as you open the lid you can almost feel all the herbs in the fragrance itself.
- It’s very gentle on your skin unlike other face washes.
- It works best on oily skins and I have got an oily to medium skin so I find it good for me.
- It cleans the face and brightens it almost immediately.
- It wouldn’t dry the face like most of the face washes do. I mean, you don’t need to follow with a moisturizer if you don’t have a very dry skin.
- Another reason for not using the moisturizer could be its exotic and luxurious scent that lingers on your skin for a while after the wash.
- Forest essential products are cruelty free. They are not tested on animals. I’ve always been strictly against animal testing so that’s another reason I love this brand.
- You need a very small quantity of the face wash.
What I don’t like about it
- I think it’s a bit overpriced. Well, it’s luxurious Ayurveda afterall.
- The plastic stopper can be a bit stubborn at times. So before you wet your hands make sure you have opened the bottle.
- One of my cousins used it but it resulted in zits on her face. So don’t use it if you are allergic to Ayurvedic products.
As I said before, I think it’s overpriced for a facewash. However, I am definitely gonna repurchase it.