Thandai is a yummy drink, flavoured with saffron and dry fruit and is popular in North India. Enjoy it this holi.
Here’s how you make it-
Preparation time- 3-4 hours
Serves : 6
- Full fat milk (1 litre)
- Powdered sugar (1/2 cup)
- Black peppercorns/Kali Mirch (10-12)
- Saffron strands (few in number)
Things that should be formed into fine powder-
- Almonds (1/4 cup)
- Poppy seeds/Khus Khus (2 tablespoon)
- Fennel seeds/Saunf (2 tablespoon)
- Cardamom/Elaichi powder (1/2 tablespoon)
- White peppercorns (20)
- Boil the milk.
- Allow it to cool down completely.
- Add the powder that you’ve grounded and mix them well.
- Put this mixture in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- Pour this mixture in a pot by making use of a sieve.
- Add sugar, saffron, peppercorns. Mix well.
- Serve your drink cold.