First of all, I’d like to suggest all the ladies to invest in a good under eye cream. I’ve often seen people discarding under eye cream as unnecessary expense. On the contrary, it’s something which you should regularly use. Wouldn’t it be better to invest in an under eye cream, and you won’t have to buy the expensive concealers.
So, today am gonna review Biotique Almond Eye Cream for you.
I really like Biotique products because they are natural, and since the eye area is so sensitive, I didn’t want to risk using any chemicals around it. There was a choice of Biotique Seaweed Revitalizing Anti-Fatigue Eye Gel, but I went for the almond cream because of two reasons. Firstly, gels don’t really moisturize the skin, and especially not in winters, and secondly, I’ve heard a lot from my grandmother about how good almond is for the eyes, and there’s no one I’d trust more in the beauty department.
Okay! So the product claims to
- Remove puffiness and dark circles under the eyes
- Improve eyesight
- Brighten the eye area
- 0.5% Jaiphal Tail (Nutmeg oil)
- 1.3% Badam Tail (Almond oil)
- 5.2% Surajmukhi Tail (Sunflower seed oil)
- 5.0% Bihidana Luvab (Quince seed gel)
- Q.S. Cream base
It comes in a small tub, which is part good and part bad. Good coz you get a generous quantity, and bad coz it’s a bit unhygienic to use it from the tub. (Or maybe am a lil obsessed)
- The cream is not too thick and too light. It’s not too greasy and gets absorbed very easily in a few minutes, after you pat it. However, I wish it was a bit denser.
- It has a nice cooling effect.
- It does reduce the puffiness around the eyes.
- It helps in lightening the dark circles, but you have to be very patient for that.
What I Like about It
The lightweight formula can be worn at any time of the day. It instantly cools down eyes, which is very helpful when you come back home from a dusty day out, or whenever your eyes are burning.
What I Don’t Like about It
As it’s not dense, so a little product will seep into your eyes, no matter what and that stings the eyes, making your vision all hazy and blurry for a while. I think it’s a little overpriced. You have to be regular and patient at the same time, which is bit of a hard thing to achieve.
How to Use?
Lightly pat around the eye area, every morning and before going to sleep. Just a little bit would be enough.
To be frank, earlier I felt that it’s a bit expensive. The 16gm tub comes for Rs. 199/-, but then you need to use just a small quantity and the tub would easily last for 2.5 to 3 months.