Marinated cubes of paneer brewed in rich and savory gravy….I bet you will end up licking your fingers after trying this relishing delicacy from the North !
Preparation Time: 30-40 Mins
Cooking Time: 20-30 Mins
- 500g paneer
- 6 onions
- 400g tomatoes
- 2 green chilly
- 100g butter
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp red chili powder
- 1 tsp pudina leaves (dried)
- 1 cup curd
- 1 cup cream
- 1 piece ginger
- Cut paneer into square shapes.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala, curd, salt, dried pudina to the paneer cubes.
- Marinate this mixture for half an hour.
- Chop onions into small pieces.
- Grind onion, green chilli and ginger together.
- Grind the tomatoes to make thick puree.
- Heat some butter in a pan.
- Put in the onion paste and sauté till golden.
- Add tomato paste and fry till it leaves oil in the pan.
- Add the marinated paneer to the gravy and cook it for 2-3 mins.
- Add a little milk to the gravy to make it more rich.
- Cook it on low flame for five minutes.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves
- Serve hot.