With no sugar added, the morning meal fills up the place of a sweetener, for those who cannot resist for long, and in a healthier way of course!
Preparation Time: 5-10 min
Cooking Time: 10 min
Ready in: 15-20 min
Calcium: 111.2 mg
Fat: 3.9 g
Energy: 134 Kcal
Carbohydrate: 20.2 g
Protein: 4.2 g
Dietary Fibre: 2.0 g
- 3 cups (450 ml) of Milk
- 1 ½ cups (225 ml) of Water
- Oats 50 g
- 10 g of sliced Almonds
- 10 g of Raisins
- ½ cup of chopped Dates
- 1 grated Apple
- 1 tbsp (8 g) of Honey
- Take a pan and put in 1 ½ cups of Milk.
- Now, put in 1 or 1 ½ cups of water and oats. Stir well.
- Stir rarely and bring to a boil.
- Add the raisins, almonds, and dates to mix well.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, and then remove from the heat.
- Before serving, add the grated apple, honey, and remaining milk (cold). Blend well.
- Those, who wanted to have it in a more cold form, can keep it in the fridge for the whole night and have it in the morning.
- Apart from getting prepared quickly, the dish is quite low in fat.
- Meets above 25% of your everyday calcium requirements.
- The soluble fibre, existing in Oats, helps to decrease blood cholesterol levels, and is also excellent to keep a healthy heart.