Full of appetizing elements, the Namkeen Dalia is a great source of nutrients while having as the morning food.
Prep Time: 15 min
Cooking Time: 20 min
Ready in: 25 min
Energy: 412 kcal
Protein: 11 g
Carbohydrate: 66.3 g
Fat: 11.4 g
- 40 g of Oil
- 40 g of Onion
- 120 g of Tomato
- 1 tsp of Salt
- ½ tsp of Red chilli powder
- 360 g of Broken wheat (Dalia)
- 1-2 tsp of Refined oil to light fry
- Take a frying pan and put 1 or 2 tsp of oil to heat.
- Put in onion to fry till turns golden brown.
- Now, mix the chopped tomatoes, red chilli powder, and a pinch of salt.
- Mix all the ingredients well, until the tomatoes soften.
- Now, you can put in the broken wheat (Dalia) into the pan, to blend with all the ingredients. Roast it lightly. Do not forget to add double amount of water into it.
- Let it simmer till cooked well.
- Serve on a platter.
- You may have this Namkeen Dalia with curd, chutney, tomato ketchup or whatever suits to your tongue the best (patients must have it simple, without any accompaniments).
- You can also add more veggies like carrots, peas, spinach, etc, to make it more nutritious and delicious. You may also take use of sprouts.
- Dalia fulfills the deficiency of magnesium in our body as it is a superior source of dietary fibre.