My mommy has been preparing this delicious snack ever since I was a kid. When I was small, I used to hate mushrooms. So, she used to make it by filling cottage cheese and loads of mozzarella cheese. I can still feel its taste on my taste buds. Later, when I grew up I started loving mushrooms; I can combine them with anything, like pulav, sandwich, macaroni, and pasta and so on. The list continues…!! But mushroom bread is my favourite combination.
Cooking Time : 20 Mins
Preparation time: 15 Mins
Serves : 4
- Baguette 1
- Tomatoes (chopped) 2
- Red capsicum (roasted) 2
- Onion (sliced) 1
- Olive oil 1 tbsp
- Garlic (chopped) 1 tsp
- Basil leaves 1tsp
- Cheese (grated)
- Button mushrooms (sliced)
- Black pepper powder
- Black olives (pitted )
- Preheat the oven at 200 degree C.
- Slice the baguette in two halves. Now, cut each piece vertically and place it in the preheated oven till it is crisp.
- In a pan, heat some oil.
- Combine onions, garlic and mushroom and stir them till they are soft.
- Slice capsicums in thin slices.
- Combine pepper powder, salt and tomatoes in the pan and mix them gently. Add half of the capsicum slices and toss some olives and fresh basil leaves. Cook the mixture for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, remove the toasted baguettes. Fill one slice of bread with mushroom mixture and garnish with a generous amount of cheese.
- Now, cover the filled bread with the other half of the bread.
- Wrap the bread slice in an aluminium foil and refrigerate it for 3-4 hours.
- Slice and serve.
- Refrigerating the baguette (bread slice) will give a better taste.
- You can season the bread with the additional herbs for a better taste.