Mexican vegetable pizza… doesn’t this sound really cool?
I was always a bit hesitant to make this recipe, since I thought it required a lot of canned vegetables and beans which are not easily available in my nearby market. Then, I came across this amazing recipe which is made with home-made refined beans, salsa and some colourful peppers.
Cooking Time: 25 mins
- 3/4 cup Tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 cup Onions chopped
- 3 tbsp Olives sliced
- 1/2 cup Cream
- 1/4 tsp Ground Cinnamon Ground
- 1/4 cup Green Chillies
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Ground
- 1/2 cup Pepper (Green) chopped
- 1/2 cup Corn (thawed)
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1 cup Salsa
- 1 cup Cheese (shredded)
- 1 loaf Baked Italian Bread
- 1 cup Black Beans (rinsed and drained)
- In a pan, combine chopped onions, cinnamon, cumin powder, chilli powder, cinnamon powder and water.
- Cover the pan and cook the mixture for 4-5 minutes.
- Switch off the flame and combine chillies and beans to the mixture.
- Blend half bean mixture in a blender till it is grounded.
- Lay this pureed mixture on the Italian bread.
- Also, spread salsa sauce on the bread.
- Garnish the bread with shredded cheese and left over bean mixture.
- Lay the green pepper, tomatoes, corn, olives and left over cheese.
- Bake the bread at 450 degree F in a microwave for ten minutes.
- Make sure the bread’s crust is golden brown in colour.
- Finally top the pizza with (sour) cream.
*Keep the vegetables crunchy and colourful.
* Use sour cream for a better taste.
* You can use frozen corn also.