Prepared with a combination of pulses, Masala Vadais can be given to the kids as a regular tea-time snack, especially when they are up with their home works. The popular snack hits an immediate love with the taste buds, once they have these!
Prep Time: 10-15 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
Ready in: 20 minutes
- 3/4 cup of split Bengal gram (chana dal) soaked
- 1/4 cup of split pigeon pea (toor dal/arhar dal) soaked
- 2-3 dried red chillies (soaked)
- 1 medium Onion
- 2 Green chillies
- 1/2 inch piece of Ginger
- 2 tablespoons of Fresh, chopped coriander leaves
- 6-8 Curry leaves
- A pinch of Asafoetida
- Salt according to taste
- Oil to deep-fry
- Take a mixer jar, to grind the red chillies.
- Add chana and tuvar dal and grind again, without putting any water in it.
- Now, put in 1 Tbsp of water.
- Grind the coarse paste.
- Take out the paste into a mixing bowl.
- Chop green chillies, onion, ginger, curry leaves, and coriander leave finely.
- Add the above ingredients into the prepared dal mixture.
- Add salt and some asafoetida, and mix well.
- In a kadhai, heat the adequate amount of oil.
- Prepare the round shaped vadais.
- Deep fry the vadais until they become crispy, and golden in color.
- Take out on an absorbent paper.
- Serve hot with chutney.