Whether it’s a tea-time, snack-time, or meal-time, you may prepare these peppery ‘puris’ as an alternative to take a break from your daily snacks. Make these crunchy ‘puris’ by simply pricking them and frying on medium heat. You may also store the ‘puris’ in the jars and serve it to your kids as a quick snack, especially when they scream and shout with hunger. Also, you may prepare these ‘puris’ by baking them, but do not forget to roll them finely and pierce them before keeping for baking.
Preparation Time: 5 min
Cooking Time: 15 min
- 1 cup of Wheat flour
- 2 tsp of Oil (or as much required for frying)
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 tsp of Ajwain
- 1 pinch of Asafoetida
- 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder
- Take a big bowl. Blend the ingredients well.
- Prepare stiff dough by kneading it using water.
- Keep it aside for about 17 to 20 minutes.
- Now, you need to make small equal portions of the dough.
- Roll out every portion to form small puris.
- You have to now deep fry the puris on medium to high flame, in a deep pan or kadhai.
- Make sure they turn golden brown from both sides, but shouldn’t burnt.
- Tastes best when served with the fresh curd.
For Serving: fresh curd