When I was preparing this post, I found out there were so many types of pasta made around the world. People give all fancy shapes to this food, and call it by the names they love. Interestingly, like any living being, pasta too belongs to various genera and species, and people cook it in different styles, according to the areas of the world. Macaroni is also a type of pasta among the other popular such as penne, farfalle, fusilli, spaghetti, fettuccine, lasagne, cannelloni, and conchiglie.
- 4 handfuls of macaroni
- 2 onions
- 2 tomatoes
- Green chilli, coriander, garlic cloves
- Cheese slice
- Salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder and oregano
- Tomato ketchup
- Take macaroni in a pan. Boil with 1 tsp salt and 1 tbsp oil.
- Drain the hot water and run under normal tap water.
- Blend onions, tomatoes and green chilli on a high number, to make a smooth paste.
- Fry the crushed garlic in butter, in kadhai.
- Add tomato paste to it. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add spices to your taste. You can make it a little spicy.
- Also add the ketchup and 1 tsp. sugar. And, 1 tbsp. fresh cream would add some creaminess.
- Add one cheese slice and some water if required. Mix well.
- Add the boiled macaroni.
- Garnish with the freshly chopped coriander.