Make delicious raw mango chutney and spice up the season!!
Cooking Time: 45 mins
- 1/2 kg green mangoes
- 1 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp red chilli pepper
- 400-425 grams Sugar
- 4 tsp salt
- 2 tsps strips of ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3/4 tsp cardamom powder
- 60 grams raisins
- Wash the raw mangoes and dry them.
- Peel and slice the mangoes in long pieces.
- Chop ginger and garlic into long pieces finely.
- Boil the mango slices, along with ginger and garlic in water.
- Add vinegar, cardamoms, red chilli powder, salt, sugar and blanched almonds and stir untill the mixture is golden and thick.
- Set off from fire, mix raisins and stir.
- Cool and store in an airtight jar.