This one’s the crispier version of the paneer pakora with added Makkai. For all the pakora fans, the recipe is a must have one. ‘Makkai Paneer Pakora’ makes one of the most excellent Indian snack dishes, as the flavors of Indian cottage cheese (paneer) and makkai (corns) with Indian spices, gives your urges a high. Much more are added to boost your appetite for the day, this one’s is my personal favorite snack too!
Servings: Serves 4-5
Prep Time: 10 Mins
Cooking Time: 15-20 Mins
Ready in: 20 Mins
- 1/2 tsp of cumin powder
- 2 tblsp of coriander leaves chopped
- Oil (for deep frying)
- 6 tblsp of bengal gram flour (besan)
- 2 tsp of chopped ginger
- 2 tsp of chopped garlic
- 2 chopped green chilli
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 3/4 tsp of dry mango powder (amchur)
- 1 chopped onion
- 100 gms of cottage cheese (paneer)
- 200 gm of corn fresh (makkai)
- Salt to taste
- You need to take the fresh corn to crush well into a blender.
- You have to keep the grated cottage cheese for mixing in the batter.
- Now, heat the oil in a big pan.
- When heated, mix in the chopped ginger and garlic.
- Stir it well to fry till gets pink.
- Now, add the crushed corn and stir well.
- Put in some for taste and mix.
- You can add some milk to obtain a creamy texture if you want.
- Stir well to have a creamy quality.
- After the corn gets cooked, take it out in a big platter to cool.
- Now, you need to add in the grated paneer, chopped onion, green chillies, amchur powder, cumin powder and coriander leaves.
- Add some salt for as per your taste and mix up well.
- Now, add up the besan to create a proper binding.
- You can also mix in some milk if the mixture is too tight.
- You have to prepare even sized balls to fry pakoras.
- Again heat up the oil or ghee for deep frying the pakoras.
- Keep medium heat and fry till turns golden brown.
- Now, take it out and place on an absorbent paper to soak excess oil.
- Serve hot with chutney.