Are harsh cleaning products making your soft hands jagged? These products are very costly, and can also expose you to allergic reactions. Here are some natural products, which you can use for sanitizing your sweet home in an eco-friendly manner.
Are you bothered due to aphids tormenting your awesome plants? Don’t worry! Soak a cloth in water, and wipe up the plant. Then, apply vodka on the leaves with the help of cotton balls. It will keep the aphids away.
Apply and rub tomato ketchup onto stained brass or copper cookware for 1-2 minutes, and then rinse with water. The acidic nature of ketchup will remove stains, and make it shiny.
- Mix equal quantity of vinegar and water in a bowl. Microwave it for 2 minutes. Soak a cotton ball in this mixture, and clean the microwave and refrigerator with it. It will help in removing the stains.
- Damp a cloth in vinegar, and wrap it around the bottom of the valve or tap. After ½ an hour, remove it and wipe off. It’ll remove gunk from the base of the tap.
- Heat (don’t boil) vinegar in a large container. Put shower head in this pot for 1 hour. Rinse it. It will eliminate the mineral deposits from the shower head.
- If you want to remove the price tag, label or sticker from the new container, press vinegar soaked cloth on it, for a few minutes. Now, you can easily peel off the sticker.
- Mix equal quantity of water and white vinegar in a spray bottle. Clean the windows with it.
4. Lemon Juice
- Mix lemon juice and oil in 1:2 ratios. Use this mixture to polish the furniture. You will get a glossy surface.
- Cut a lemon in two halves and intersperse salt on the cut side. Rub it on the metal surface. It will make the metal glittery. Lemon can also be used to get rid of the rust stains.
5. Alcohol and Salt
Oh no! How will you remove this greasy spots from your favourite dress and carpet? Try this! Mix alcohol and salt in 4:1 ratio. Rub it gently on the stain. Let it dry and remove the extra salt.
6. Baking Soda
- Take some baking soda in a bowl and prepare the paste by adding water to it. Rub this paste on the smeared grout, with the help of a small brush. After 3-5 minutes, rinse with water.
- Baking soda is also used to sparkling and deodorizing the refrigerator. Damp a sponge and sprinkle baking soda on it. Scrub your refrigerator with it and rinse off with water.
- Empty your dishwasher and clean the food filter. Mix baking soda with detergent and fill the dishwasher with it. Run on empty. It will make it clean.
- Unblock the clogged drain with vinegar and baking soda. Spray half cup baking soda in the drain followed with half cup vinegar. Close the drain. After 15-20 minutes, wash out with hot water.
- Is water rings on your dining table making it look dull? Don’t worry! Buff a small amount of toothpaste on stains. Remove excess toothpaste with the help of a cloth. The stubborn water rings will get nixed from the wooden furniture.
- You can also use toothpaste to do away with scrapes from acrylic home decor. Rub toothpaste on the scratch until they start to fade. Wipe out with a clean cloth.
8. Apple Peels
You can use apple peels for cleansing aluminium saucepans. Put the peels in a saucepan. In order to cover them, pour enough water. Let it boil until the stains begin to fade. After few minutes, empty the pan and allow it to dry.
Just look around your pantry and you will have all the things required, to keep your home tidy.