Hi Paneer fans! I bet each time you go to a restaurant and order for a starter, it’s either Paneer tikka or chilli Paneer. Well, how about if I tell you the 10 quick steps, and you can make one delicious plate for yourself at home? Cool naa! Read on…
- 1bowl hung curd
- 200 g Paneer
- 1 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 tbsp mixed pickle masala
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- Salt and red chilli powder
- Onion and capsicum, diced into cubes
1. Take the hung curd and whisk it with a spoon. Keep it aside.
2. Roast the 5 seeds on a frying pan, and grind the mixture in a mortar and pestle, into a fine powder.
3. Cut Paneer into big and square-shaped pieces.
4. Add the seeds mixture and pickle masala to the curd.
5. Now, add salt and red chilli powder. I usually also add a little chat masala. Mix well.
6. Feed Paneer to this spicy curd marinate. Leave it for 10 minutes.
7. Sauté chopped capsicum and onion for 5-7 minutes, until soft but crispy.
8. Take some oil in a non-stick frying pan.
9. Fry marinated Paneer on all the sides until a good golden colour and a crispy layer are achieved.
10. Arrange capsicum-paneer-onion on your toothpicks. Enjoy with pudina chutney!