A sweet and sour rice preparation with a tinge of lime.
Cooking Time: 30 mins
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Split black gram – ¼ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Rice – 1 cup
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard – ¼ tsp
- Lemon – 1 no
- Dry red chilli – 2
- Curry leaves – 5
- Carrot – for garnish
- Bengal gram – ½ tsp
- Wash and cook the rice.
- In a pan, heat some oil.
- Add mustard seeds, split black gram, bengal gram, curry leaves and red chilly powder.
- Mix turmeric powder, hing, and lemon zest and switch the flame off.
- Add salt and lemon juice to the mixture.
- Add the mixture to the cooked rice.
- Garnish with cilantro and grated coconut.
- Serve with egg curry or raita.