Any imbalance in the thyroid hormone may result in either hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism. When thyroid gland becomes underactive and produces insufficient thyroid hormones, it causes hypothyroidism. Intolerance to cold, depression, weight gain, constipation, brittle nails and hair, stiffness in the muscles, croaky voice, irregular menstrual cycle and pain in joints are some of the warning signs of this disease.
Here are some desi nuskhe for treating hypothyroidism.
Desi Nuskhe for Hypothyroidism
1. Spirulina (an herb) is the best to regulate the thyroid hormone.You may find several products in the market that contains this herb.
2. Sea salt is rich in iodine. Instead of common salt,use sea salt in your diet.
3. Bladder wrack (another good source of natural iodine)is an effective herb for hypothyroidism.It increases metabolic rate and prevents weight gain.
4. Soak few Indian plum leaves in water for a whole night.The next morning,consume the water on an empty stomach.This will help in reducing the symptoms of the disorder.
5. Replace your vegetable oil with coconut oil. It will regulate the normal functioning of the thyroid gland.
6. Consumption of mullein is also beneficial. It lessens the inflammation of thyroid gland.
7. Abnormal estrogen level in women results in malfunctioning of thyroid gland.Black cohosh and vitex agnus castus are the two herbs for balancing the estrogen level.
8. Due to hypothyroidism, you may suffer from dry and itchy skin. Apply oatmeal paste to your skin and after ½ hour rinse it off. Let the skin dry for few minutes and then apply aloe-vera gel.This nuskha will help in curing itchiness and dry skin simultaneously.
9. Intake 500 gms of Withania somnifera (aswagandha) thrice a day. It helps in proper functioning of the thyroid gland.
10. Consume one teaspoon of flax seeds oil on a daily basis. Besides controlling hypothyroidism, flax seeds oil also reduces cholesterol and prevents constipation.
11. A teaspoon of primrose oil daily averts occurrence of this disorder.
12. Drink nettle tea twice or thrice a day. Massage your neck area with nettle oil. It will stimulate secretion of thyroid hormones.
Healthy diet is must for a good health. A balanced and nutritious diet helps in curing many diseases. Here is the list of things to and not to intake, if you are suffering from hypothyroidism.
- Plenty of water
- Fiber rich food (green leafy vegetables and fruits)
- Black walnut
- Whole grains
- Alcoholic drinks
- Salt-rich potato chips
“The first wealth is health.”
– Ralph Waldo Emerson