Being crispy in taste, these small puris are quite filling during fast, and simple to make. Potatoes blended with tangy spices, make this appetizer a favourite of many fast-lovers.
Prep time: 15-20 min
Cooking Time: 20-25 min
Ready in: 30 min
- 200 gm or 1 cup of singhara or Kuttu Flour
- 4 Potatoes boiled
- 1 Green Chilli chopped
- 1 inch Ginger grated
- ¼ tsp of Black pepper
- ¼ tsp of Amchoor (optional)
- 1 tsp of Sendha salt
- Ghee/Oil to fry
- Sift the kuttu flour properly.
- Add salt and 2 tea spoons oil in it.
- Knead well to prepare average textured dough.
- Boil the potatoes.
- Keep them aside after peeling.
- Mash the potatoes well with ginger, green chilli, black pepper, sendha salt, and amchoor powder.
- Keep the mashed stuff for filling the Kachoris.
- Prepare small balls of the dough.
- Now, take a ball and press it using your finger, to make a dent into it.
- Fill the hole with 1 spoon of filler.
- Close the edges.
- Now, expand the size by pressing with hands.
- Take a large sized frying pan.
- Put some to heat oil/ghee.
- Put 3-4 kachoris at a time into the oil.
- Brown them by turning over both the sides, constantly.
- Take out on a platter.
- Serve the crispy kachoris with curd or Aloo ki sabzi.