These Khasta puris are a delicacy of Rajasthani Thali. Delicious, crispy and soft…these are a novelty of the Rajas of the state. Let’s have a look, how these puris added treat to our king’s meal!
Prep Time: 15 Mins
Cooking Time: 20 Mins
Ready in: 30 Mins
Ingredients for Khasta Puri:
- 500 gm-Wheat flour
- 50 gm-Ghee
- 50 gm-Curd
- 1 small spoon of Cumin Seed
- Salt (as per taste)
- Oil or Ghee for frying
- Sift flour in a big dish.
- Add some ghee in the flour, to soften.
- Now make some space in the centre of the flour, to add cumin seed, curd and a bit of salt.
- You need to prepare soft dough with the help of lukewarm water.
- Let the dough rest. For about half an hour, keep it covered.
- Make sure, the dough should be fit to prepare puris.
- Make small lumps from the dough.
- Make small sounds like a ball.
- Now, you need to press all of them and leave covered with a neat wet cloth.
- Take a deep frying pan and put some oil in it, when heated properly.
- Take the dough pieces one-by-one and make the small round puris.
- Put this in the hot oil.
- Once it swells, then turn it other side.
- When it gets light brown in colour, pull out in a platter.
- Now, you have to fry the rest of the puris in this manner.
- You may serve these hot and crispy puris with Matar Paneer, curd, pickle, chutney or any other cooked veg or non-veg dish that you like.