Crunchy spicy moong dal/ pyaaz khasta kachoris will definitely hit your taste buds craving for more and more.
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Serves : 4
- 3 tbsp coriander (chopped)
- 2 tbsp saunf
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp oil
- 2 tbsp besan
- 2 cups onion (chopped)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1½ tsp green chillies (chopped)
- 1 tsp kalonji seeds
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Water (kneading)
- Moong Dal (Split) – 1/2 cup
- Sauf – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli powder – 1/2 tsp
- Oil/ Ghee – 1/4 cup
- Oil – 1 tsp
- Amchur – 1 tsp
- Hing – a pinch
- Green Chilli – 1tsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Garam Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves (chopped) 2tsp
- Cumin Seeds – 1 tsp
- Maida – 2 cups
METHOD for the Dough
- Combine flour, salt and ghee or oil together.
- Knead all the ingredients together to make a bread crumb like texture.
- Combine water to make soft dough.
- Knead the dough for ten minutes.
- Cover the dough and keep aside.
METHOD for the Moong Daal Stuffing
- Wash and soak the moong dal for an hour.
- Drain the water.
- Mince the dal coarsely.
- In a pan heat oil.
- Add cumin seeds and hing.
- Combine curry leaves when cumin seeds splutter.
- Add dal to the mixture.
- On a low flame, cook the dal.
- Stir the dal continuously to avoid it sticking in the pan.
- Sauté the dal till it is light brown.
- Combine all the masala.
- Sprinkle salt.
- Turn the flame off.
METHOD for Kachori Making
- Make a small ball out of the dough.
- Flatten the ball with the help of your fingers keeping a thick center.
- Lay a spoonful of filling in the center.
- Cover the filling from all the sides.
- Close all the ends and cut off the excess dough.
- Flatten up the balls with your palm.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Check the oil temperature before you lay the kachori in it.
- Make sure the oil is not smoking hot.
- Place the kachoris gently in the oil.
- Lay 3-4 kachoris at a time.
- Make sure they rise up bit by bit.
- Let the kachori rise up for two minutes.
- Now turn the kachori to the other side.
- Fry the kachori for 4-6 minutes till it is golden brown in color.
- Repeat the same for other side.
- Fry till 4-6 minutes.
- Remove the kachori once they are fried.
- Drain the excess oil in a tissue paper.
- Serve hot with chutney.
- You can try pyaaz stuffing also while making the kachori.
- You just need to change the ingredients as mentioned above.