Kaju Mushroom Masala is an exotic vegetarian dish… I love it because of its silky, rich and creamy gravy. Relish, this lip smacking dish, tossed in cashew sauce, which tastes heavenly…. Impress your loved ones with this easy and non-detectable recipe of Kaju Mushroom Masala.
Cooking Time : 30 Mins
Preparation time: 20 Mins
Serves : 4
- Tomato – 1
- Salt – as needed
- Peppercorns – 2
- Onion (big) – 1
- Oil – as needed
- Mushroom – 100 gm
- Garlic – 4 cloves
- Garam masala powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Cumin – 1/2 Tsp
- Coriander powder – 1 tsp
- Cloves – 2
- Cinnamon – a small stick
- Chilli powder – 2 tsp
- Cashew (whole ) – 1/4 cup
- Cashew (broken ) – 1/4 cup
- Bay leaf – 1
- Soak the whole and broken cashew nuts in luke warm water for two hours separately.
- Slice the mushrooms, garlic, onions and tomato.
- Blend the broken kajus and tomatoes into a fine paste.
- In a pan, heat some oil.
- Combine clove, cinnamon, bay leaf, peppercorn and onions and saute them till they are golden brown.
- Combine garlic coriander powder, red chilli powder and garam masala powder.
- Combine cashew paste and saute the paste till the oil leaves on the sides of the pan.
- Combine the whole cashew, salt, sugar, and mushrooms.
- Cover the pan, with a lead.
- Switch off the flame, when the mushrooms and kajus are cooked.
- You can also add poppy seeds paste to the gravy for a variation.