These crunchy and sweet Cashew nut-sugar Chikkis are a special delicacy for this occasion. Highly nutritious as a dessert, the delight is a must have. And since we too love them a lot, can’t take a risk of missing them on our recipe list!
Prep time: 10-15 min
Cooking Time: 15-20 min
Ready in: 20-25 min
- 250 grams or 1 cup of Cashew nuts
- 250 grams or 1 cup of Sugar/Gur (jaggery) (Whatever you like)
- 2-3 tsp of Ghee
- Part the cashew nuts into 2 halves.
- Put in 1 tsp of Ghee in a big size pan to heat.
- Add sugar in the hot Ghee, and stir.
- Let them dissolve on a medium flame.
- Keep on stirring the sugar with a spoon, to avoid sticking at the bottom of the pan.
- When the sugar gets completely dissolved, turn off the heat.
- Now, add the cashew nuts pieces and blend well.
- Take a big size platter and grease it with little ghee.
- Scatter the cashew mixture over it.
- Flatten the mixture thin or thick (whichever way you like).
- Cut the Chikkis with a knife into small shapes, when it’s hot.
- Let the Chikkis cool for around 3-4 hrs.
- Eat the sweet and crunchy Chikkis.
Tip: You can also fill the chikkis in an air-tight box, and have whenever you desire.