Vitamin C serum is an amazing product for your skin. It’s a marvellous anti-oxidant that repairs and prevents free radical harms to the skin, stimulates the production of collagen, protects your skin from ultraviolet rays, and reduces scars and wrinkles. If you go to purchase Vitamin C serum from the market, you will have to spend huge pennies for it. Providentially, you can prepare a highly effective and fresh serum at your home. I assure you that your skin will thank you for this!
Process of Making Vitamin C Serum at Home
- An empty, small dark-coloured bottle
- 1½ tsp vegetable glycerine
- 3½ tsp distilled water
- ½ tsp L-ascorbic acid powder
How to Prepare?
Mix L-ascorbic acid powder and distilled water in a bowl, and stir. Do it until the L-ascorbic acid gets dissolved completely. Now, add vegetable glycerine to it. Mix all the ingredients well. Vitamin C serum is ready. Pour it into the empty dark-colored bottle.
How to Apply?
First of all, cleanse your face. Then, apply a small amount of homemade Vitamin C serum on your face, before going to bed. Massage gently till it gets completely absorbed. Allow it to stay for the whole night. Rinse with plain water, in the morning.
Words of Caution:
- Instead of L-ascorbic acid powder, you can also use L-ascorbic acid crystals. Remember, crystals take more time to dissolve.
- Always use dark-coloured bottle for storing the serum, as it helps in preventing the oxidization of the L-ascorbic acid.
- Before pouring the serum in the bottle, sterile it with rubbing alcohol or hot water. Allow it to dry.
- While purchasing L-ascorbic acid, ensure that it is 100% pure.
- Store homemade Vitamin C serum, in dark and cool place.
- As L-ascorbic acid is highly unstable, don’t prepare it in a big quantity. Use the prepared serum early.
- If the product starts turning yellow, toss it away and prepare fresh serum.
- Before applying it on your face, do a patch test. In case you feel any discomfort tingling around, rinse off immediately, and cease to use.