Having a glowing, spotless, smooth and soft skin is every girl’s wish. Women have been cautious about their skin since the inception of mankind and traces of skin care treatments go back up to the 4th millennium BC.
Flaunt Your Skin With These Tips
How one should look after her skin depends a lot on the type of skin. There are three types of skin – oily, normal and dry, which have to be looked after accordingly. Besides that, some girls have very sensitive skin which requires special care.
Some women prefer Ayurvedic or Natural skin treatment over cosmetics ones. A few examples of Ayurvedic skin treatment are –
- Egg oil skin care
- Honey skin care
- Jojoba skin care
- Shea butter skin care
- Algae skin care
How to Get a Healthier Skin
- Some basic things to take care on regular basis for getting a healthier skin are:
- Wash your face thrice a day with a face wash.
- After every wash, apply a toner that suits your skin type.
- Finally, moisturize your skin with a cream.
- Separate creams should be used for day and night. Also, the delicate skin under eyes and that of lips need extra care and creams made especially for them should be used.
- A good sunscreen should always be used when going out in the sun. Even a few minutes of sun exposure can damage the skin. Any sunscreen with SPF 30 and UV protection would provide adequate protection.
- In every couple of days, a cleanser should be used instead of the regular face wash to clean away the dirt and pollution accumulating in the pores of your facial skin, and once a week, a scrub, a peel off masks and other facial masks should be used to get a flawless glowing skin.
- A cleaner skin with open pores would breathe better and so would be healthier.
- Facial threading, waxing and sugaring, use of face packs (Diamond, gold, silver, pearl, chocolate, etc.), and face massages can be done once in a month. Facial massages should strictly be carried out by professionals to avoid premature aging of the skin due to excess of pressure and wrong hand movement.
- Growing old is a natural process and with time, wrinkles tend to appear, to slow down the process of skin aging, many anti-aging products are available in the market. Other than that, there are some clinical treatments like Botox to fight wrinkles too.
Things to Keep in Mind for a Healthy Skin
- Drink loads of water.
- Eat healthy meals. Make citrus fruits, yogurt, nuts, eggs and green vegetables an integral part of your diet.
- Take adequate rest and sleep, and stay away from stress.
- Properly research and check all ingredients any skin care product before using it, pay attention to warnings mentioned on it. Buy products from good brands… spending a little more would eventually help in the long run.
- Avoid frequently changing brands and types of skin care products that you use.
Lastly, one should focus on getting a healthier skin rather than getting influenced with the instant fairness advertisements in the market. It’s because, a healthier skin looks more beautiful as it is softer, smoother and glowing.