It is very important to be aware of how one walks, sits, stands up and makes use of his/her hands and legs. It not only gives out a great impression, but also makes you more confident about yourself.
Here’s a basic guide to improve your movements, which are accepted and appreciated by all.
- Avoid crossing your hands and legs.
- Make eye contact but do not constantly stare.
- Loosen up your shoulders.
- Nod during conversations in order to show interest.
- Sit straight, do not slouch.
- Lean, but do not over do it.
- Sport a genuine smile.
- Laugh often.
- Avoid touching your face very often.
- Don’t tilt your head. Keep it facing upwards.
- Go slow. Don’t be too fast or react instantly.
- Never fidget. Instead, appear calm and in control.
- Make use of your hands in a confident manner.
- Maintain a distance. Avoid standing or sitting too close.
- Keep a positive, healthy, open attitude.
- Don’t crouch into yourself. Take up some space.
- Hold your drink well. Don’t hold it right in front of your chest.
Make use of these points and see how your body language changes dramatically over a period of time. It will not only reveal a more assured you, but also cause a paradigm shift in the way people perceive you and behave around you. Positive body language helps you ace interviews, meetings, the social circle and friends in general. It helps you to be the star, wherever you go.