Getting up around 6 A.M….exercising….bathing …..and rushing to the office at 9 A.M. This is the routine of most of us. How a busy morning schedule we have? But, we often forget to do an important thing in the hurry (or lack of time). Think….think….what is it? Not getting anything? Okay, I will tell you. It’s breakfast! Some of you omit breakfast because you perceive that it will increase your weight. But, it’s completely incorrect notion. A healthy and nutritious breakfast acts as a fuel for our body.
“All happiness depends on a leisurely breakfast.” – John Gunther
- Chapatti with warm milk and raw honey.
- Soak 4-5 almonds in water for the whole night. Eat in the morning followed by a glass of milk.
- Cereals, like porridge (daliya).
- Oatmeal with chopped almonds and raisins.
- Apply little butter or ghee on dates and have it.
- Fruits, like pear, apple, banana, etc. You can also have fruit juices in your breakfast.
- Soak raisins and figs in water. Leave it overnight. Consume it in the morning.
- Drink one glass of milk.
Breakfast for Tridosha
Skipping of breakfast may result in declination of kapha and increase of pitta and vata. Following are the breakfast suggestions for tridoshas:
Vata dosha people may consume the following in their breakfast:
- Herbal tea
- Warm milk
- Hot cereals
- Warm oatmeal
- Fresh baked bread
- Avoid coffee
Given below is the list of breakfast items for pitta dosha:
- Cinnamon toast
- Fruits, like Indian gooseberry, mango, musk melon, custard apple, etc.
- Fresh butter milk
- Cold cereals
- Apple juice
- Avoid doughnuts, orange juice and coffee
Breakfast for kapha dosha is as follows:
- Hot ginger tea
- Raw fruits, like apricot, black plum, papaya, guava, etc.
- Boiled beans
- Skimmed milk
Breakfast is an imperative meal of the day and provides you the right prop up for the day. So, don’t skip it!