I know how hurtful it is to see the bunch of hair you lose everyday while brushing and ask about the inevitable hair loss when you shampoo your hair… am sure it drives jitters down your body to see the precious strands lying lifeless in front of your eyes.
So let’s see what we can do about it before it gets worse (you still have a headfull hair, I guess).
- Watch what you eat: The health of our hair depends on the overall body mechanism and not just the scalp. Hairs are supposed to be the barometer for measuring the overall health. Vitamin B, calcium and iron are good for hair. Include curd and dairy products in your meal every day. Make sure your diet includes tons of protein for natural, healthy and thick hair. Drink lots of water to maintain a good level of moisture.
- Regular hair massage: mix lukewarm almond oil with coconut oil and gently massage it on your scalp, this improves the blood circulation and stimulates the follicles which results in faster growth of hair. Make sure you oil your hair for an hour before shampoo.
- Hair spa: Hair fall and thinning is prominent after chemical treatments like hair color or rebonding so it is essential to give your hair that extra care. You can take hair spa at home by yourself but it is recommended that you take out some time and go to the parlor to have one. Hair spa should be taken once a month at least.
- Keep it clean: Dirt and pollution makes hair sticky and tangled which results in heavy hairfall. Make sure you shampoo your hair thrice a week. Don’t forget to condition your hair after shampoo and deep-condition them bi-monthly.
A lil care is all it takes to maintain your precious strands and trust me, it’s worth it. Here are a few homemade hairfall prevention tricks you must try
- Coconut milk is considered a very good measure to fight hairfall and keep hair soft. You can mix coconut milk in oil and apply it overnight before shampooing.
- Jojoba oil will be great help for the hair loss prone scalp.
- Aloe Vera gel is easily available and a great remedy to reduce hairfall. Massage the gel onto your scalp and wash with lukewarm water.
- Crush coriander and extract the juice. Now massage the juice on your scalp before shampooing.
Another effective medicine can be made by frying fenugreek (methi) seeds in coconut oil and applying the strained mixture in small amounts to the roots.