An aromatic tadka of curry leaves and mustard seeds compliments the mild spicy taste of coconut, chillies and coriander.
Cooking Time: 25 mins
- 1/2 cup fresh coconut (grated)
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 green chillies (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 inch ginger
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chana dal (roasted)
- 1/4 teaspoon Mustard Seeds
- 2 teaspoons Oil
- 4-5 Curry Leaves
- Grate ginger, green chillies, coconut, roasted peanuts and salt in a grinder.
- Blend till the mixture is smooth.
- Mix lemon juice along with coriander leaves and four table spoons of water.
- Blend the mixture again.
- Add water if the consistency is too thick.
- Heat some oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds to it.
- Add curry leaves when the mustard seeds splutter.
- Add the tadka to the coconut chutney.
- Serve with idli or dosa.