Rice cooked with a tinge of garlic … a savory preparation.
Cooking Time: 45 mins
- Bengal gram dal – 1 teaspoon
- Rice – 2 cups (cooked)
- Coriander seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 3
- Garlic flakes – 15
- Mustard – 1/4 teaspoon
- Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Red chillies – 2
- Urad dhal – 1 teaspoon
- In a pan fry urad dal, red chilli seeds coriander seeds and bengal gram dal with 5 cloves of garlic.
- Cool the mixture and pound it to a fine powder.
- In a pan, add oil and fry the remaining garlic till golden brown and keep aside.
- In the remaining oil add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Lower the flame and add the cooked rice with the minced powder.
- Add salt to the rice.
- Add the fried garlic to the rice and mix all the ingredients well and stir.
- Serve hot with sambhar.