The crispier you make, the more tempting these egg cutlets turn. This monsoon, give a memorable crispy treat to your tongue, with a dish that is famous and heart-winning, since years.
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cooking Time: 20 Minutes
Ready in: 20-25 Minutes
- 25 gm of Maida
- 1/2 cup of Milk
- 5 eggs- 4 Hard boiled, and 1 beaten egg- separate
- 2 tsp of Ginger, and chilli paste
- 1 tsp of Red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp of Chat masala
- 5 Tb. Ps of Bread crumbs
- 2 finely cut Onions
- 4 cups of potatoes- boiled, mixed, diced, and mashed (you may also use some other regular vegetable of your choice, for making the filling tastier)
- Salt as per your taste
- Oil – to fry
- Take a mixing bowl to put in the mashed veggies or potatoes in it.
- Now, put in the grated ginger, onion, chillies, coriander, chat masala, and 4 tbsp of bread crumbs, with salt to taste.
- Blend all the ingredients well, without adding any water.
- Now, put in a little water. Mix all the ingredients using your hands, to make a soft dough. Now, let the mixture relax. (Make Sure you are using a little water, so that the batter doesn’t get thin in texture)
- After 5 minutes, prepare small, palm-size roundels of this dough, using your palm.
- You have to keep the eggs sideways, to boil, when you are preparing the dough.
- Once the eggs are ready, then, cut them into thin slices, from the middle.
- Flatten the prepared Tikki. Put the half egg or egg slice in the middle of the Tikkies.
- The entire half egg must be cover with the masala.
- Use the beaten egg as a paste, to brush up on the cutlets. You may also dip in and take out on a platter.
- Now, keep the cutlets to the refrigerator, for about 1/2 an hour.
- Use a separate bowl and put in Maida, salt, and some water, to make a smooth batter.
- Keep it aside.
- Place the bread crumbs into a separate plate.
- Take out the cutlets from the refrigerator. Let it rest on room temperature, for a while.
- Now, first, dip the cutlets in the maida batter.
- And then, roll it in the bread crumbs.
- Keep it in a plate.
- You may use a wok for frying, and put some oil in it.
- Let the oil get heated, on medium flames.
- Start frying, by slowly tipping in the cutlets one-by-one.
- Make sure you take the right amount of oil for frying, as putting too much oil can spoil the taste.
- Fry the front side, till it turns to brown, and then the other side.
- You can serve it hot, with sour or sweet sauces.
- For garnishing, you may use thinly sliced capsicum and onions.