Since most of us are a huge fan of cheese in any form, this cheesy Mexican cuisine is a delight for kids. And, if you have a Mexican food fan at home, this one is blissful. Every time you will prepare this dish, the ingredients give a kicky tang to your taste buds. Less effort, with surprisingly appreciated results, can make you a favorite cook not only for your kid but also for all.
You can enjoy this casserole dish as a simple family meal, hearty and yummy enough to serve the guests. To please everyone at your table, try this appetizer now!
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes (involves baking for 25 minutes)
Ready In: 1 hr
- 1/2 pound of dried ziti
- 15 – 16 ounces of ricotta cheese (part skim)
- 3 cups or 12 ounces mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 3 cups or 26-ounce jar spaghetti sauce
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- Warm up the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a big sized pot, put in some salted water.
- When starts boiling, put in the ziti.
- Boil until tender, for about 8 minutes, and then drain.
- Take out the ziti in another large bowl.
- Now, you can mix up the ricotta and part of the mozzarella well.
- Take a casserole dish (9 x 13) and grease it with butter or oil.
- Disperse the spaghetti sauce in the base of the dish (make sure you have preserved half of the sauce for upper coating).
- Scatter the ziti mixture over this sauce.
- Cover the ziti again, with the remaining sauce.
- Now, sprinkle with Parmesan and mozzarella cheese.
- Keep it in the oven, uncovered, to bake for 20-30 minutes (till you see the casserole bubbles on the boundaries).
Tip: You may also add a tossed salad for making it a complete meal.