What if your friends suddenly call you and ask you to join them for an outing? You just have half an hour with you to get ready. But, unfortunately, you haven’t washed your hair since three days and I am sure, you can’t manage to go out, this way. What would you do now? Well, you don’t need to worry! Just dab some DIY dry shampoo on your hair and you’re all set to go. You can prepare it easily at your home. You will certainly love it! So, you don’t need to buy the one from market with all types of chemicals in it, anymore.
What You Need
- 4 – 5 drops of essential oil. You can take any essential oil according to your own choice.
- Baking soda
- Cocoa powder for dark hair. Make sure, you don’t take the sweetened one as it will make your hair sticky.
- A paper funnel
- Measuring spoons
- A container to store it
Step-by-Step Procedure to Prepare It
For Light Hair
Step 1- Mix ¼ cup of cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of baking soda with a few drops of any essential oil.
Step 2- Shake it, till it mixes well.
Now, you are ready with your own dry shampoo, ready to use anywhere and anytime. You even can store it.
For Dark Hair
Step 1- Mix 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder along with ¼ cup of cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of baking soda. Baking soda is necessary, if you have dry hair.
Step 2- Mix all the ingredients together.
Step 3- Be careful while adding cocoa powder as a lot of cocoa powder will turn your hair very dark in colour. Also, make sure you mix less amount of cocoa powder than cornstarch and baking soda, as the heat from your hands and head can melt it, turning your hair into a mess.
How to Apply?
- Put a small amount, not more than ½ teaspoon on your palm.
- Now, rub it on your palms in order to scatter it.
- Dab it on your hair on the area, where you would like to shampoo.
- Using your fingers, tousle your hair till it reaches all over your head.
- Brush your hair in order to remove the extra amount.
Now, you are ready to flaunt your hair without any worries!