Gingivitis or bleeding gums is a very common ailment. But, if not cared for timely, may turn serious and lead to tooth decay. Bleeding at the time of brushing, painful and swollen gums, inflammation in the mouth, bad taste and bad breath are some of the symptoms of this disease. Accumulation of food particles between gums and teeth, plaque and bacterial infection are the causes of gingivitis.
Here are some desi nuskhe for bleeding gums.
Desi Nuskhe for Gingivitis
- Massage the gums with clove oil. You’ll feel inflammation but it will cure the disease. Alternatively, chew a clove piece.
- Mix equal quantity of water and 3% solution of H2O2 (Hydrogen Peroxide). Use this mixture for gargling. Don’t consume it.
- Take a glass of warm water. Add a pinch of salt and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice in it. Gargle with it.
- Apply the paste of basil (tulsi) leaves on your gums and leave it for the whole night. The next morning, you’ll surely get relief.
- Before going to sleep, massage your gums with aloe vera pulp and leave it for the whole night. You will notice the effect the very next day.
- Drink green tea. You can also gargle with it.
- Ginger possesses anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. Grate a fresh ginger and rub it on your gums. It will reduce pain and swelling.
- Prepare triphala concoction by mixing a teaspoon of triphala powder in lukewarm water. Gargle with it.
- Mix one teaspoon of myrrh (guggul) powder, 1/8 teaspoon of clove powder, 2 teaspoon of white oak bark powder and ¾ teaspoon of peppermint leaves powder. Take one tablespoon of this mixture each morning and night. Also, rub the affected area with it.
- Mix water and vinegar in equal quantity. Gargle it with everyday.
- Brush twice. Use herbal toothpaste (containing tulsi leaves, neem, babool and mint).
- Use mouth wash containing chamomile tincture, peppermint oil, menthol and sage oil.
- Floss after every meal.
- Fresh fruits.
- Low saturated fats,
- Vitamin C, calcium and fiber rich food
- White flour
- Soft drinks
- Fruit juices
- Highly saturated fat foods